External Surfaces of the 5th – 12th Ribs
Linea Alba, Pubic Tubercle and anterior Half of the Iliac Crest
- Bilateral: Flexion
- Unilateral: Ipsilateral Lateral Flexion, Contralateral Rotation
|Palpation (Side Lying):
- I will begin at the Xiphod Process and travel directly laterally following the 5th Rib to the Lateral Aspect of the Torso.
- From here I will drop directly inferiorly to come in contact with the 12th Rib and to outline the External Surfaces of 5th – 12th Ribs.
- This muscle does lateral flexion of the torso so I will ask my client to lift their body towards the ceiling (side crunch) so I can palpate inferiomedial fiber direction to the Anterior Half of Iliac Crest, and continuing towards the Linea Alba.
- The client can now relax – the distal attachment on the Pubic Symphysis is beyond my boundaries.